Bonus Recipe! Pizzatashen (Pizza Hamantashen) for Purim! (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
Do you ever feel like cooking at home can be expensive?!
It’s important to buy high quality ingredients, and the best trick to low-cost grocery lists is using in-season ingredients, but what else can we do? Check out this menu & grocery list, and feel free to use the freezer section!
Don’t forget to check out the tips at the end. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions!
Meat and Poultry:
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 1/2 lb. wild line-caught salmon
- 6-8 eggs
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 3 radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 avocados
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 5 limes
- 4 jalapeños
- 2 poblano peppers
- 7-8 cloves garlic
- 2 red onions
- 5-6 cups pepper jack
- ~6 oz. feta
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Pasta, Grains, Seeds, Nuts & Bread:
- 4, large flour tortillas
- 8 medium tortillas
- 4 flour tortillas or wraps I used spinach wraps
Canned & Frozen Goods:
- 24 oz. green chile, green pepper, or tomatillo salsa
- 2 15- oz can of black beans
- 1 bag frozen corn
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper + 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- hot sauce
- cilantro for garnish on the enchiladas
- Sign up for my newsletter to get this grocery list in your inbox, free!
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips:
- Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of.
- Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Sunday: Poach your chicken for the enchiladas. Use 1 onion, the 2 carrots, 5 cloves garlic, and peppercorns.
- Monday: If you have the extra time while your salmon is cooking, get your poblano peppers grilled for tomorrow.
- Tuesday: Make ALL the pico de gallo salsa (you’re making more for dinner Thursday) and keep the extra in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!