Monday: Citrus Thyme Salmon with Pesto Pasta
Tuesday: One-Pan Bucatini with Leeks and Lemon
Wednesday: Orange & Bell Pepper Chicken Traybake with Sweet Potatoes
Thursday: Grapefruit, Fennel, & Herb Salad with Cactus Pear (or Raspberry) Vinaigrette
Bonus Recipe: Lime Curd Creme Cups with Graham Cracker Crumb. I couldn’t name an easier dessert, with easier presentation. And you’ll be making this one on repeat!! (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
I’m feelin’ all things citrus, and this week’s menu is just the think I want right now…what about you?
We’re using oranges, limes, grapefruit, and lemons this week and even a lime curd dessert that is shockingly easy to make. We are slowly cruising from Spring to Summer, and that means everything you want to eat is in season! You’ll notice the produce section of the grocery list getting longer…so feel free to utilize your favorite CSA or farmers market to get the best prices and best quality without the extra wasteful packaging. I use Imperfect Produce for my produce delivery…and if you click this link and sign up, we each get $10 off.
Make sure you take a look at the meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t waste any time.
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 1.5 lb. wild line caught sockeye salmon filet
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 cactus pear OR a handful of fresh raspberries
- 8 cups red leaf lettuce
- 1 small bunch lemon thyme
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 small bunch mint
- 4 cups packed basil ~6 oz.
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. leeks
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 bell peppers
- 1-1.5 lbs sweet potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- OPTIONAL: 3 chive flowers to garnish the salmon
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 12 oz. bucatini
- 1 lb. any pasta I used penne
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp herbes de provence
- 3 cups packed basil
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
I couldn’t name an easier dessert, with easier presentation. And you’ll be making this one on repeat!
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Sunday: Make your pesto today! Make sure to save a handful of basil for your salad on Thursday.
- Monday: The cook time on salmon will vary greatly depending on how thick your salmon is. You want to cook it until the salmon easily flakes and the white albumin starts to form on the top.
- Wednesday: While your traybake is in the oven, make your dressing for tomorrow. You can even segment your grapefruit today.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!