Monday: Lemon Pesto Trout with Chickpea & Herb Farro
Tuesday: Super Green Pasta with Basil Pesto, Asparagus, Spinach, & Peas
Wednesday: Frittata with Dandelion Greens, Tomatoes, & Mushrooms
Thursday: Broccoli Rabe, Fennel, & Apple Slaw
And have you heard of the food fad BONE BROTH?! Well, get my recipe and my take on it here. (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
We’ve made it to SPRING!
And this week I have 4 recipes for you using SPRING ingredients like basil, herbs, asparagus, spinach, peas, dandelion greens, broccoli rabe, and more! I know, I’m excited, too…can you tell?
Don’t forget to check out the tips at the end. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions!
Meat and Poultry:
- 1 1/2-2 lbs. Whole trout gutted and scaled
- 6-8 eggs
- 16-20 oz. fresh basil
- 1 small or 1/2 large bunch of asparagus
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 bunch of broccoli rabe
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 1 cup chopped mixed herbs I used cilantro and parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch dandelion greens
- 8 oz. mushrooms I used shitake and matsuke
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3-4 shallot
Pasta, Grains, Seeds, Nuts & Bread:
- 1 lb. pasta I used spinach and chive pasta
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3/4 cup 10-minute farro
Canned & Frozen:
- 1 can chick peas
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- white sugar
- poppy seeds
- Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Monday: Pick off 10 basil leaves. Make all your pesto using this recipe, and all the rest of your basil. Keep the pesto in your fridge in a sealed container and use it for dinner tomorrow night. It is OK if it gets a little brown on the surface.
- Wednesday: You can make your dressing for the slaw tomorrow in advance 1 day (today.) I’m planning on making it while my frittata is in the oven. Keep in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!