Monday: Bison (or Turkey) Burgers with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
Tuesday: Spinach Gnudi with Spicy Pomodoro
Wednesday: Peruvian Chicken with Picquillo Pepper Pesto & Sweet Potato Fries
Thursday: Sweet Potato, Black Bean, & Cheddar Gratin with Pico de Gallo Salsa (Serve with leftover Picquillo Pepper Pesto.)
Bonus Recipe! Red Wine and Honey Braised Brisket (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
Craving some comfort food?!
It’s that time of year when I’m getting sick of roasted root veggies and need some comfort food to spice up my meal plan! I’ve packed 4 of my favorites into this weeks’s meal plan plus a bonus brisket if you’re craving even more!
Don’t forget to check out the tips at the end. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions!
Meat and Poultry:
- 1.5 lbs. ground bison or turkey 90% lean
- 1 4-4 1/2-pound whole chicken
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 lb. tomatoes
- 1 small bunch basil
- 1.5 cups arugula
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 avocados
- 1 large sweet potato
- 11-12 cloves garlic
- 1 medium shallot
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cups grated cheddar
- 3/4 cup parmesan
- 1 lb ricotta
Pasta, Grains, Seeds, Nuts & Bread:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 burger buns
Canned & Frozen Goods:
- 1 can black beans
- 18 oz. jarred picquillo peppers
- 1 lb. frozen spinach
- 2 peperoncino
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs or similar
- red pepper flakes
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Sign up for my newsletter to get this grocery list in your inbox, free!
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips:
- Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of.
- Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Tomatoes: ~1/2 lb. is for the pico de gallo salsa, ~1/2 1b. is for the burgers, and the rest is for the pomodoro sauce.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Sunday/Monday: If you’re feeling up for it, make the sauce for your spinach gnudi and ALL the picquillo pepper pesto today. Keep it in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Wednesday: ~1.5 lbs. of the sweet potatoes are for the fries. While you’re prepping your fries, prep your sweet potatoes for the gratin tomorrow.
- Thursday: Get your salsa ready while your gratin is in the oven!
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!