Monday: Fish & Chips
Tuesday: Boneless Chicken Thighs with Roasted Asparagus
Wednesday: Potato Pizza
Thursday: Panzanella Salad with Radishes, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Feta, Arugula, & Pumpkin Seeds
Bonus Recipe: Tempura Fried Apples with Cinnamon & Sugar (Ingredients not included in grocery list, but all you need is a few granny smith apples, cinnamon, and sugar.)
Meat and Poultry:
- 1 1/2 lbs. fish I use opah, but cod or tilapia work, too
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs
- 1 egg
- 8 cups lettuce/spinach/arugula mixed is great
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 bunches asparagus I get 2 if its the small skinny ones
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber
- 3-4 large Russet potatoes
- 2 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 jalapeño
- 6 cloves garlic
Pasta, Grains, Seeds, Nuts & Bread:
- 1/4 cup pepitos aka pumpkin seeds
- Pizza dough 72-hour pizza dough recipe below if you want to make your own - add yeast to your grocery list
- Artisan bread like sourdough or a boulle
- 8 oz. mozzarella
- 10-12 oz. sheep's milk feta
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- all-purpose flour
- Dijon mustard
- balsamic vinegar
- brown sugar
- red pepper flakes
- flavorless oil like sunflower seed safflower, or canola
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Sunday: Make your pizza dough.
- Monday: Split your pizza dough into 4 parts and put in the fridge (per recipe.) Use your leftover batter and oil to make the tempura fried apples with cinnamon sugar for dessert. Optional: serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Tuesday: You can roast the asparagus & chicken in the same oven at the same temperature. Use 400F and just cook your chicken 5-10 minutes longer.
- Wednesday: If you have extra pizza dough, put it on some parchment paper or on an oiled sheet pan, cut 2 slits on the top in an X-shape, and you can cook it like bread to enjoy with your salad tomorrow night. Cook at 450F until internal temperature reads 205F to 210F. OR you can flatten it as if it has sauce and toppings and cook it like a flat bread. Just put some olive oil on the surface.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!