This week’s menu:
Monday: Red Wine & Honey Braised Beef Stew
Tuesday: White Bean, Chard, & Tomato Soup
Wednesday: Balsamic Chicken with Red Onion, Garlic, & Olives
Thursday: Fattoush Salad with Tomato, Cucumber, Radish, Fresh Herbs, and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Bonus Recipe: Cinnamon Rolls, the ultimate comfort pastry!(Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
A fall comfort food meal plan. And just like that, summer is in the past. Do you miss it as much as me? It’s gloomy out and all I’m craving is comfort foods. So we’re having curry, pizza, a soupy stew, and pasta…sound good?
PLUS, I’m sharing about my fall pantry essentials! Check out the Red Wine & Honey Braised Beef Stew blog post to read more 🙂
Make sure you take a look at the grocery list, shortcuts, & meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t unnecessarily waste any time.
The ultimate comfort pastry!
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs OR 1 whole chicken
- 1.5 lbs. chuck roast cut into 1.5-2″ cubes
- 10 cups mixed greens
- 3-4 Persian cucumbers
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 radishes
- 3 sprigs dill
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of chard
- 2-3 celery stalks
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 head fennel
- 2- inches fresh ginger
- 3-3.5 lbs. small mixed color potatoes
- 1 red onion + 2 yellow onions
- 1 head + 15-16 cloves garlic
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 1-2 to asted pitas
- 1/2 lb. shells or orchiette pasta
Cans & Jars:
- 1/2-1 cup olives
- 1 can white canellini beans
- 1, 28- oz. can San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable/chicken stock or bouillon
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp herbes de provence
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1-2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 chili de arbor or 3 Thai chilis
- 3/4 bottle of red wine
- Red pepper flakes
- flavorless oil like sunflower seed or canola
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Tips & Shortcuts:
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- The stew & soup can both be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Monday: While your stew is simmering, you can start your soup for tomorrow. Complete steps 1-4 of the recipe.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!