This week’s menu:
Monday: Quince Stew with Basmati Rice
Tuesday: Pomegranate Roasted Brussel Sprouts with my Perfect Roasted Potatoes
Wednesday: Lime Chicken Curry with Chicken, Green Beans, & Sprouted Brown Rice
Thursday: Persimmon & Goat Cheese Salad
Bonus Recipe: Persimmon Cake! Imagine banana bread, but so much better!(Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
This meal plan screams FALL in all the right ways! Make sure you take a look at the grocery list, shortcuts, & meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t unnecessarily waste any time.
Imagine banana bread, but so much better!
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 4 bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 2 lbs. cow neck or chuck
- 8 cups lettuce radicchio and escarole
- 2 large pomegranate
- 2 persimmons
- 2-3 medium quinces each cut in 8 wedges If you can’t find quince, sub with granny smith apples
- 1/2-1 lb. Chinese long green beans or regular green beans
- 1 bunch of Thai basil
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1- lb brussels sprouts
- 1 lb. red and yellow potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 yellow onions
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 8 oz. goat cheese
Cans & Jars:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 16- oz can tomato sauce
- ~3 oz tomato paste
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 7 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp red curry powder
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 7 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup prunes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- flavorless oil like sunflower seed or canola
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Optional: a few strings of saffron
Tips & Shortcuts:
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Shortcuts & Tips:
- The stew and curry taste even better the next day. Consider making them in advance for easy dinners all week long!
- The brussel sprouts and potatoes can cook together. Set the oven to 390F and they should be ready about the same time.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!
I’ll be releasing my THANKSGIVING ebook, Thanksgiving Sides & Sweets: Everything but the Bird in 2 weeks! Stay tuned for some brand new recipes that will take your Thanksgiving to another level!