This week’s menu:
Monday: Miso Ginger Salmon with Sprouted Brown Rice
Tuesday: Sumac Roasted Lamb with Simple Salad
Wednesday: Vegetarian Egg Drop Soup
Thursday: Wine Roasted One-Pan Chicken
Friday: Panzanella Salad
Saturday: One-Pan Bucatini with Leeks & Lemon
Sunday: Shakshuka with Feta & Pita
Bonus Recipe: Dark Chocolate Gelt & Matcha Mousse Sandwiches! A trendy twist on a Chanukah classic. (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
We are in the midst of holiday season! And let’s be honest, it is hard to eat healthy around the holidays. Picking up fast food, ordering take out, and eating tons of sweets & junk food might be in your near future. BUT it doesn’t have to be that way! This holiday-time meal plan is exactly what you need right now. And I’m including my holiday gift guide below!
Use the grocery list below to plan 7 dinners over the next few weeks. Freeze the meat or chicken until you are ready to use it (if you think you won’t get to it quickly) and you’ll have everything you need at home to make some simple, tasty, healthy meals this holiday season!
Make sure you take a look at the grocery list, shortcuts, & meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t unnecessarily waste any time.
A trendy twist on a Chanukah classic!
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 1 1/2 lb. wild line-caught salmon
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs OR 1 whole chicken
- 2 racks of lamb
- 7-9 large eggs
- 8 cups lettuce/spinach/arugula + 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4-6 radishes
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 persian cucumbers
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 4 small or 2 large carrots
- 2 lbs small potatoes
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. leeks
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 2 large onions
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 9-10 cloves garlic + 1 bulb
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 4 pita bread
- 1 small boule bread loaf
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted brown rice
- 1/4 cup pepitos aka pumpkin seeds
- 12 oz. bucatini pasta
- 12 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan
Cans & Jars:
- 1 28- oz. can whole plum tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 bottle white wine or rose
- Hot sauce I use Valentina
- 1 cup frozen corn and peas
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp sumac
- herbes de provence
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- flavorless oil like sunflower seed or avocado
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Tips & Shortcuts:
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Shortcuts & Tips:
- Buy a jar of marinara and remove 1 onion, 1 red bell pepper, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 28-oz. can of plum tomatoes, cumin, paprika, & cayenne from your grocery list.
- Daily meal prep tips:
- Monday: Get your oven preheated and rice cooking first, then cook the salmon.
- Tuesday: Get your lamb in the oven. While it is cooking, make the salad.
- Thursday: While your chicken is cooking, make your salad dressing for tomorrow. You can also make the tomato sauce for the shakshuka.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!