The flavors!!! The FLAVORS!!! Marinade tonight, and you’ll have the best dinner ever tomorrow. This recipe is not just easy, but makes for easy clean-up!
Chickpea & Fennel Chicken Traybake
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs OR 1 whole chicken
- 1 yellow onion peeled, and diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp corriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil like sunflower seed or canola
- salt and pepper
- 1-1.5 lbs small potatoes sliced in half, large ones quartered
- 2 fennel bulbs trimmed and sliced
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed, (peeled is optional)
Marinade the chicken OVERNIGHT in the refrigerator in the oil, onion, garlic, cumin, corriander, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Take the chicken out of the refrigerator. Preheat to 425F.
Add the potatoes, fennel, and chickpeas to a sheet pan or baking dish. Top with the chicken (with everything on it). Toss to coat. Make sure the chicken is sitting on top of the vegetables.
Cook for 45 minutes.
Tent and let rest 5-10 minutes.