Bonus Recipe: Treat yourself this week with my matcha ice cream recipe…(Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
Do you like recipes that take 35 minutes or less? I do! 🙋
This week’s meal plan is for all of us with excuses. I don’t have time because of this or that is no longer an option. I’ve written your grocery list, and now all you have to do is spend 30 minutes or less making dinner! Let cooking dinner become your wind down when you get home from work. Here’s my recipe for a perfect evening: Put on some comfy clothes, gather up any helping hands around you, pour yourself a glass of wine, turn on some music, and get chopping! Stock your fridge with some fresh fruit now that it’s back in season, and you’ll even have a light and healthy dessert. Yes, fruit for dessert! Or check out my recipe for matcha ice cream if you’re feeling fancy…
Make sure you take a look at the meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t waste any time.
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1.5-2 lbs. Whole trout gutted and scaled
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 cups arugula
- 2 avocados
- 2 scallions
- 4-5 radishes
- 1 small bunch mint
- 1 lime
- 2 lemons
- 4 bunches basil or ~10 oz.
- 9 cloves garlic
- optional: parsley for garnish on the chicken parmesan
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 1 lb. pasta I use pappardelle
- 1 cup farro I use 10-minute farro
- 4 slices artisan bread like sourdough or a boulle
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 16-18 oz. mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
Canned and jarred goods:
- 2 jars marinara
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 2 tbsp miso paste OR vegetable/chicken bouillon OR stock to cook the farro
- 3 3/4 cups bread or all purpose flour
- 1 gram active dry yeast
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Sunday: Make your 72-hour pizza dough. Recipe here. Make your basil pesto. Save 10 medium basil leaves for your trout tomorrow, and some for your pizza. You can use the rest to make the pesto. The pesto will be used in the trout recipe and the avocado toast. Keep the pesto in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Monday: Split your dough into 4 parts and refrigerate per recipe here. First, preheat your oven and bring your stock to boil for the farro. Get your fish ready and in the oven, then chop your veggies for the farro.
- Wednesday: Take your dough out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking.
- Thursday: Skip steps 1-6 of the recipe. Instead, you will use the pesto you already made and mix it in a bowl with your avocados.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!