This recipe is great to use with any leftover veggies (even roasted veggies) in your fridge. Always comes out delicious.
Frittata with Dandelion Greens, Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Serrano Pepper (or Chili Oil)
- 6-8 eggs
- 2-3 shallots I used one gigantic shallot, finely chopped
- 1 bunch dandelion greens chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms I used leftover shitake and matsuke, large ones sliced
- handful of cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 Serrano pepper thinly sliced or 1-2 tsbp chili oil 2-ingredient homemade chili oil recipe here
- salt and pepper
- olive oil or butter
Preheat oven to 400F.
Generously butter/oil a pan or skillet over medium high heat. I used 2-3 tbsp.
Sautee the shallots for 3 minutes.
Add the mushrooms. Cook, without stirring, until the mushrooms are well browned, ~3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add the dandelion greens, cherry tomatoes, and Serrano pepper OR chili oil. Sautee until greens wilt. 1-2 minutes. Make sure there is enough oil/butter in the pan so the eggs won't stick. The mushrooms tend to absorb a lot of the oil.
Whisk the eggs or blend in blender. Add eggs to pan. Transfer to oven. Cook ~15 minutes until eggs start to brown. Serve immediately.