Monday: Bison (or turkey) Burgers with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
Wednesday: Peruvian Roasted Chicken with Picquillo Pepper Pesto & Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Thursday: Caesar Salad (Serve with Leftover Chicken)
Don’t you just love when someone else plans dinner for you?!
That’s why all these meal kit companies have taken off…though they produce a TON of waste with all their individual packaging and boxes, charge a huge premium for all that prepped food, and what happens to all that insulation, mini jars with a sprig of thyme and goopy ice packs?…but I get it, it’s convenient. That’s where I come in! A conveniently pre-written, categorized grocery list…EVERY WEEK and all you have to do is shop… Now, let’s get cookin’!
Want to read more? Here’s an article about meal kit packaging in WIRED. Another from Forbes about how most Americans don’t like to cook. And another from The Washington Post. Happy reading!
Make sure you take a look at the meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t waste any time.
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 1 4-4 1/2- pound whole chicken
- 1.5 lbs. ground bison or turkey 90% lean
- 8 eggs
- 1.5 cups arugula
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 3 lemons
- 3 avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 11 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Fresh bread or pita to serve with the shakshuka
- 4 burger buns
- croutons for the caesar salad, optional
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 4 ounces feta cheese
Canned and Jar Goods:
- 6 anchovy filets
- 1 28- oz can/jar picquillo peppers
- 1 28- oz. can whole plum or San Marzano tomatoes
- Hot sauce optional
- 3/4 tsp dijon mustard
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- red chile flakes
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- flavorless oil like sunflower seed or canola
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
A simple galete that takes one bowl and 40 minutes.
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Monday: The roasted red pepper pesto is the same as the sauce for the chicken on Wednesday, Make it all tonight.
- Wednesday: While your chicken is in the oven, if you would like and have the extra time, feel free to make your dressing for tomorrow night.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!