Monday: Lemon Pepper Game Hens with Roasted Broccolini
Tuesday: Ginger Scallion Noodles with Broccoli & Carrots (recipe video, too!)
Wednesday:Broccoli Pizza with Golden Beets, Goat Cheese, and Pine Nuts
Thursday: General Tso’s Tofu with Broccoli and Sprouted Brown Rice
Bonus Recipe: a very special Negroni Bianco because next week is negroni week! (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
Guess what…it’s my birthday on Monday! So I’ve put together a meal plan of all the fast-food cravings I’m having like Chinese take out, pizza, and stir fried ramen noodles 🤤
So grab a pan and get ready for some serious sweet, tangy, spicy, umami action!
Make sure you take a look at the meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t waste any time.
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 2 cornish game hens
- 4 oz. fresh basil
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 2 large carrots
- 1 small golden beet
- 3-4 lbs broccoli
- 8-10 inches of fresh ginger
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 4-5 cloves garlic
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 10 oz. ramen noodles
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted brown rice
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Canned and jarred goods:
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 1 large block of firm tofu
- lemon pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 2 tsp hot sauce I always use Valentina
- 5 tbsp arrowroot
- Shaoxing wine or Sherry or marsala wine
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- soy sauce
- 500 grams bread flour or all purpose flour
- 1 gram active dry yeast
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- flavorless oil like sunflowerseed or vegetable
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Optional: 10 whole dried Chinese red chili peppers
It’s negroni week and why settle for the usual negroni?
Try this negroni bianco and you’ll be happy you did!
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Sunday: Make your 72-hour pizza dough. Recipe here.
- Monday: Split your dough into 4 parts and refrigerate per recipe here. Roast your broccolini at the same temperature as the chicken. You can just put it in the oven on a rack under the chicken for the last 20-25 minutes.
- Wednesday: Take your dough out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking. Make your basil pesto for the pizza.
- Thursday: Get your rice going first. It takes a while and you can keep it covered (and off) on the stove once it’s ready.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!