Monday: Soba Noodles with Flank Steak, Bok Choy, and Carrots
Tuesday: Ginger Scallion Noodles with Broccoli
Wednesday: Japanese Yakitori Chicken with Grilled Asparagus and Pickled Cucumber Salad
Thursday: Quick and Simple Veggie Soup
Bonus Recipe: Chocolate Pudding – I have a quick recipe video above, and a step-by-step recipe video for you below…like both? Or just one? Let me know! (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
I’m away in Japan, so here’s an Asian inspired meal plan for you!
Hopefully when I get back from Japan I’ll have all the inspiration I need to create a legit Japanese meal plan for you…can’t wait!!
Don’t forget to check out the tips at the end. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions 🙂
Meat and Poultry:
- 1 1/2-2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 flank steak
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3-5 persian cucumbers
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 4-6 heads baby bok choy
- 1 large head broccoli
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 large zucchini
- 4 stocks of celery
- 3 bunches of scallions
- 10-12 inches of fresh ginger
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 1 small red onion + 1 small yellow onion
- 1.5 cups potatoes when chopped
Pasta, Grains, Seeds, Nuts & Bread:
- 8-12 oz. Soba noodles
- 10 oz. ramen noodles
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup sake
- brown sugar
- 2 bouillon cube or 2 tsp better than bouillon chicken or vegetable
- reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp anchovy oil or fish sauce or oyster sauce
- sherry vinegar or marsala wine
- red pepper flakes
- toasted sesame oil
- flavorless oil like sunflower seed or canola
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips: The recipes are all quick and easy this week, so no need to prep anything ahead except the sauce for the yakitori chicken. You can make it any day Sunday-Tuesday if you want to have it ready to go…it is the most time consuming part of the recipe.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!