Using white and dark meat chicken makes these meatballs light, flavorful, and highly addictive. You can use the same recipe with lamb, bison, and beef!
- 1 lb. ground chicken mixed light and dark
- 1 small yellow onion coarsely grated
- 1 egg scrambled
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp herbes de provence OR a handful of fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs matzo meal, or panko
- salt and pepper ~1 tsp each
- olive oil
- 1 jar marinara pesto, or leftover sauce from shakshuka!
Mix the chicken, onion, egg, red pepper flakes, garlic, herbes de provence / parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl until barely combined. Roll into 1.5-2 inch meatballs
Add a thin coating of oil to a pan over medium heat. When hot, add the meatballs and sear on all sides. ~3 minutes per side, ~3 sides. When all the meatballs are seared, add the sauce and lower to medium low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Garnish with extra parsley, serve with noodles, bread, mashed potatoes or make some tasty meatball sandwiches!