The way your house will smell when you make this will keep you going back and forth to the oven until it is ready, and then devour it while it’s probably still too hot to eat. And why a chicken traybake? Easy clean up!
Orange & Bell Pepper Chicken Traybake with Sweet Potatoes
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs OR 1 whole chicken add 30 minutes to cook time for whole chicken
- 2 bell peppers sliced 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- 1-1.5 lbs sweet potatoes cut into fries
- 1 orange cut into 6 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp herbes de provence
- 1 tsp pepper
Preheat to 425F.
In a bowl, mix the chicken, olive oil, herbes de provence, and pepper.
Add the potatoes and bell pepper to a sheet pan or baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix well. Top with the 6 slices of orange, then top each orange slice with one piece of chicken (If using a whole chicken, just space out the orange slices...you can even put an orange slice inside the chicken cavity).
Cook for 45 minutes for thighs, 1 hour 15 minutes for whole chicken.
Tent and let rest 5-10 minutes.