Monday: Jalapeño Lime Salmon with Simple Salad
Tuesday: Pesto Pasta with Goat Cheese, Golden Beets, Arugula, Avocado, and Corn
Wednesday: Huevos Rancheros
Thursday: Fig, Peach, and Arugula Salad with Tempura-Fried Goat Cheese and Pistachios
Bonus Recipe: Guava Pastries – The only weekend pastry you will ever want…and you’ll be shocked how ridiculously easy these are to make! These guava pastries have 4 ingredients…and one is water. So you have no excuse but to make them stat! (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
Have you hit up your neighborhood farmers market this summer yet?
It’s my favorite time of year because all my favorite foods are at the peak of freshness and height of flavor. I’ve re-planted my mini herb garden, and am scooping up all the fresh, fragrant, fruits and veggies I can find. This week, I’m feelin’ all the arugula, peaches, figs, basil, corn, and jalapeños…ya feel me?
Make sure you take a look at the meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t waste any time.
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 1 1/2 lb. wild line-caught salmon
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 lb. tomatoes I used vine tomatoes
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 cups packed arugula + 8 cups mixed greens I used arugula and red leaf lettuce
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch kale
- 3 limes
- 3 radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 6-8 fresh figs If you can't find them yet, you can use strawberries
- 2 peaches
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1.5 cups packed basil ~4 oz.
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 avocados
- 2 medium golden beet s or 1 large
- 6-7 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 1 lb. pasta
- 1-2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 4 corn tortillas
Canned and Jar Goods:
- 1 can black beans
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 12 oz. goat cheese
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 3 tbsp honey
- red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
The only weekend pastry you will ever want…and you’ll be shocked how ridiculously easy these are to make! These guava pastries have 4 ingredients…and one is water. So you have no excuse but to make them stat!
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Sunday: Roast your beets! Keep them in a sealed container in the fridge until you’re ready to use them on Tuesday.
- Monday: If you know you’re going to have a busy day tomorrow, you can make the whole dinner tonight. It keeps really well in the fridge and tastes just as good cold as it does warm.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!