Monday: Lemon Pesto Trout with Summer Farro
Tuesday: Chicken Kabobs with Israeli Salad, Hummus, and Pita
Wednesday: Falafel Burger
Thursday: Grilled Corn, Tomato, & Avocado Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Bonus Recipe: Pickled Watermelon Rind – The pickle you wish you knew about sooner! (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
Are you taking advantage of all the summer produce?
The farmers market is booming, grocery stores have all the delicious produce on sale, AND the produce is at the peak of it’s freshness. This meal plan is exactly why eating in-season produce is so satisfying.
Make sure you take a look at the meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t waste any time.
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 1-2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2-2 lbs. Whole trout gutted and scaled
- Small head of romaine lettuce for the burgers
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 small or one large bunch basil
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 3 ears corn
- 2 avocados
- 1.5 lbs. cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb Persian cucumbers
- 3 lemon
- 3 limes
- 2 jalapeño
- 1 large shallot
- 1 onion
- 11-14 cloves garlic
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 cup farro I use 10-minute farro
- 4-6 pitas
Canned and Jar Goods:
- 2 15- oz. can of chickpeas
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1-2 tablespoons pesto my recipe here
- 4 oz. goat cheese or feta
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp corriander
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp miso paste veg/chicken stock, or veg/chicken bouillon
- flavorless oil like sunflower or canola
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
The pickle you will wish you knew about sooner…and a perfect way to use something you’d be throwing out anyways!
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Monday: Get your oven preheated and water/broth boiling first. Then, start chopping your veggies for the farro. After dinner (or if you have time while the fish is cooking) marinade your chicken for tomorrow night.
- Wednesday: While your falafel are in the oven, you can make your dressing for tomorrow night.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!