This week’s menu:
Bonus Recipe: This Albacore sashimi with jalapeño & ponzu is what I always order at my favorite sushi restaurant, and now I get to enjoy it at home…at a fraction of the price! (Ingredients not included in grocery list.)
Umami flavor is waiting for you with this meal plan! It’s what I’ve been craving, and just know you’ll be enjoying this meal plan as much as me. And I’ve already written your CATEGORIZED grocery list…enjoy!
Make sure you take a look at the meal prep tips at the end, they’re help ensure you don’t unnecessarily waste any time.
This Albacore sashimi with jalapeño & ponzu is what I always order at my favorite sushi restaurant, and now I get to enjoy it at home…at a fraction of the price!
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood:
- 2 1/2 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1 1/2-2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 lbs. mushrooms I used oyster and Matsutake
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ~6 oz. bean sprouts
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 lb. baby bok choy
- 5-7 Thai chilis
- 4 oz. holy basil
- 4 bunches of scallions
- ~3 4″ fingers of ginger
- 12-15 medium cloves garlic
- 1 package of extra firm tofu ~12 oz.
Pasta, Grains, Bread, Nuts, Seeds:
- 24-26 oz. pad Thai noodles
Spices, Oils, Etc:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup mirin
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp vegan oyster sauce made with Shitake mushrooms
- 3 tbsp anchovy based fish sauce or use the vegan fish sauce recipe below
- 1 bouillon cube or 1 tsp better than bouillon
- shichimi togarashi OR red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- flavorless oil like sunflower seed or canola
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- skewers for the yakitori chicken
- Before anything else: go through the grocery list and cross off anything you already have at home.
- Weekend Meal Prep Tips: Grocery shop! Wash your veggies and put them back in the refrigerator so you don’t have to worry about it the day of. Keep herbs in water like you would with flowers.
- Daily Meal Prep Tips:
- Sunday: Marinade your beef ribs for tomorrow!
- Any day before Wednesday: If you’d like, you can make your yakitori sauce in advance. If you’re making your own vegan oyster sauce, you can make it in advance and the recipe is linked in Thursday’s dinner.
- Contact me if you have any questions or if something didn’t turn out quite the way you expected!