This recipe is not just easy and delicious, but makes for easy clean-up!
Wine-Roasted One-Pan Chicken
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs OR 1 whole chicken
- 4 small (or 2 large) carrots cut in 2 inch chunks
- 10 oz. small onions peeled and sliced in half OR 1 large onion, peeled, cut in half and sliced into half-moons
- 1 bulb garlic sliced in half length-wise
- 2 lbs small potatoes sliced in half, large ones quartered
- 1/2 bottle white wine or rose
- drizzle olive oil
- herbes de provence
- salt and pepper
Preheat to 425F.
Add the chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic to a sheet pan or baking dish. Drizzle with 2-4 tbsp olive oil, herbes de provence, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Make sure the chicken is sitting on top of the vegetables.
Pour the wine into the base of the baking dish. Do not pour over...you will remove all the seasoning.
Cook for 45 minutes for thighs, 1 hour 15 minutes with a whole chicken.
Tent and let rest 5-10 minutes.